Multnomah Greyhound Park

Did some urban exploring in and around the old Multnomah Kennel Club recently. This park closed in 2004 and vandalism, decay, neglect and nature has taken over. Quite the amazing place in it's time it is now being demolished and another Dead Memory.

"Greyhound racing in the Portland metropolitan area began in 1933, organized by the Multnomah Kennel Club and held at Multnomah Stadium (now the site of Providence Park).

In January 1956, MKC purchased a 90-acre site in Wood Village, Oregon, with plans to build a new dog track and stadium there. The new dedicated greyhound racing track opened in 1957 and was originally named Fairview Park, but in 1978 it was renamed Murray Kemp Greyhound Park in honor of MKC's founder and longtime president. In 1991, the name was changed to Multnomah Greyhound Park." -Wiki

 

 Rows and rows of seats.

Rows and rows of seats.

 Quiniela is a bet. This scoreboard lost.

Quiniela is a bet. This scoreboard lost.

 Empty cages are a reminder of a past era of animal sports.

Empty cages are a reminder of a past era of animal sports.

 The once proud building mere weeks before demolition. Infield overgrown with berry vines.

The once proud building mere weeks before demolition. Infield overgrown with berry vines.